In 2021, Wings Over Illawarra, has partnered with The Australian Association for Unmanned Systems (AAUS), to present the all new “NSW Drone Expo”.
The NSW Drone Expo will feature Drone Racing and offer a fantastic opportunity for businesses to showcase their products and services to a wide audience. The event is held at the picturesque Shellharbour Airport (formerly Wollongong / Illawarra Regional Airport), NSW and just 80 kilometres south of Sydney.
Being located on Sydney’s doorstep, within easy reach of Canberra and an expected attendance of over 35,000, it will provide a magnificent opportunity for the drone industry in Australia to showcase the latest technology to thousands of attendees and network within this dynamic and fast growing industry.
In addition to showcasing products and services, the NSW Drone Expo will provide businesses with the opportunity to showcase the capabilities of their drones in the netted drone demonstration enclosure. This enclosure will also provide exhibitors with the opportunity of allowing potential buyers the chance to test fly their products.
The NSW Drone Expo will consist of shell scheme exhibitor sites housed in a large 50m x 50m marquee featuring a huge 40m x 40m netted drone racing and demonstration enclosure.
Exhibitor fees include all 3 days of the event, the Friday STEM day, plus the public days of Saturday and Sunday. Exhibitor space consists of shell scheme stands housed in a large 50m x 50m marquee. The exhibitor stands area of the marquee will have a plywood floor.
3m x 3m (9m²) – $3,000 + GST
3m x 2m (6m²) – $2,500 + GST (2 Only)
Non AAUS Members
3m x 3m (9m²) – $4,000 + GST
3m x 2m (6m²) – $3,500 + GST (2 Only)
- Ready built 3m x 3m and 3m x 2m shell scheme units with 2.4m high Velcro compatible wall panels.
- Digitally printed 38cm high fascia containing the exhibitor’s business name.
- 2 Spotlights on arms.
- 1 x 5-amp power outlet.
- A listing in the NSW Drone Expo exhibitor directory within the airshow souvenir program and a listing with logo on the NSW Drone Expo exhibitors’ page of the Wings Over Illawarra website and mobile app.
Furnishing of these stands is at the exhibitor’s expense; furniture and accessories can be ordered through Moreton Hire and will be delivered to the stand prior to bump-in. Exhibitors will be emailed an outline of items available, pricing and an order form.
Please Note: Exhibitors requiring additional space will need to purchase multiple adjoining sites.
Souvenir Program Advertising
In addition to the standard listing in the Souvenir Program, website and mobile app; other advertising opportunities are available within the program.
Sponsors are integral to the success of any event and we invite you to join us by becoming an important part of this exciting new addition to Australia’s largest annual airshow. Connect your brand with the drone industry’s ‘next big event’.
A variety of sponsorship packages are available, all include exhibitor stands and are priced from $5,000 + GST. We welcome the opportunity to put together a bespoke package based on your particular requirements.
Application, Information and Terms & Conditions
Complete the Application further down this page.
- All exhibitor sites will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Applications will close at 5pm, Friday 15th October 2021 if not filled earlier. We encourage you to send in your application early to avoid disappointment.
- Once your application has been received, you will receive confirmation via email.
- If your application is successful you will then receive a site allocation and invoice by email.
- Full payment will be due immediately upon receipt of invoice.
- Site allocation will only be held for 7 days pending payment in full. If payment is not received within 7 days, the site will be released to other applicants.
- A current certificate of public liability insurance will then be requested.
- Once payment and proof of current insurance is received, exhibitor passes and bump in information will be issued.
- All exhibitors must comply with relevant statutory regulations including Shellharbour City Council’s Sustainable Event Policy.
- All exhibitors will be required to provide the organisers with a certificate of currency of public liability insurance to the value of $20,000,000, naming Bright Events Pty Ltd and Shellharbour City Council as interested parties. Proof of insurance must be received by the organisers before Exhibitor Passes and Bump in information will be issued. No exhibitor will be admitted without an Exhibitor Pass.
- Exhibitors will be required to be open for business during the public access times of 9 am til 5 pm on both public days of the event, and we would recommend opening for the STEM day.
- A maximum of 6 exhibitor passes will be available free of charge per stall. Additional exhibitor passes can be purchased for $25 each.
- Any cancellations received after 15th October 2021 will not be refunded.
- Wings Over Illawarra is an all weather event and as such, no refunds will be made due to inclement weather.