In 2021 Wings Over Illawarra will incorporate a General Aviation precinct featuring static aircraft displays along with industry exhibitor sites for aviation suppliers, manufacturers and service providers.
The introduction of the GA precinct will provide the aviation community with a GA/RA industry event alongside Australia’s premier annual airshow, while showcasing “grass roots” aviation to the general public and hopefully inspire new members.
With the postponement of the event to November and the lifting of the air display TRA at 16:00 on Saturday and Sunday, the last light issues of previous years for pilots flying in should be well and truly taken care of. In addition, we have now been successful in gaining approval for underwing camping, in the large aircraft parking area on the western side of the airfield, so pilots may choose to camp overnight and depart the following morning prior to the TRA beginning at 10:00 or on Monday
The aircraft parking area is located within the display box, and therefore will need to be vacated during the flying displays, however a shuttle bus will be provided to ferry pilots and their passengers between the event site and parking area/campground.
The underwing camping area will include toilet and shower facilities along with an undercover area with tables & chairs, power, lighting and water. The Rotary Club of Wollongong will be offering dinner by way of a BBQ Buffet in the evening. There will also be a bar available to those camping overnight and a fire pit or two with seating.
We are working with the industry organisations to help promote the event to the aviation community and exhibitor sites within the aviation precinct will be FREE OF CHARGE to the aviation industry.
Exhibitors will need to provide their own marquees, tables, chairs, etc. however we are working with our marquee supplier, South Coast Party Hire, to provide quality commercial marquees and equipment to exhibitors at discounted prices. Marquees ordered through South Coast Party Hire will be setup prior to the exhibitor’s arrival, making for an easy bump-in. Exhibitors will be emailed an outline of items available, pricing and an order form.
In 2021 Wings Over Illawarra will feature a STEM day which will be held on the Friday 12th November, so we would like to encourage exhibitors to bump in on Thursday ready for the students on Friday and the main event Saturday and Sunday.
The GA Precinct will be located on the southern side of RWY 08/26 with aircraft access direct from Taxiway “G”. Exhibitor sites will be raw space only on a grassed area.
Exhibitor sites are available in the following sizes and are Free of Charge to aviation industry members:
|Marquee Sites||Aircraft Display Sites|
|3m x 3m||15m x 15m|
|6m x 3m||20m x 15m|
|9m x 3m||25m x 15m|
|30m x 15m|
Sponsors are integral to the success of any event and we invite you to join us by becoming an important part of this exciting new addition to Australia’s largest annual airshow. Connect your brand with the Australian GA Community’s next ‘big event’.
Many sponsorship opportunities are available and start from $1,000 + GST.
Application, Information and Terms & Conditions
Complete the Application further down this page.
- All exhibitor sites will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Applications will close at 5pm, Friday 15th October 2021 if not filled earlier. We encourage you to send in your application early to avoid disappointment.
- Once your application has been received, you will receive confirmation via email.
- If your application is successful you will then receive a site allocation by email.
- A current certificate of public liability insurance will then be requested.
- Once proof of current insurance is received, exhibitor passes and bump in information will be issued.
- All exhibitors must comply with relevant statutory regulations including Shellharbour City Council’s Sustainable Event Policy.
- All exhibitors will be required to provide the organisers with a certificate of currency of public liability insurance to the value of $20,000,000, naming Bright Events Pty Ltd and Shellharbour City Council as interested parties. Proof of insurance must be received by the organisers before Exhibitor Passes and Bump in information will be issued. No exhibitor will be admitted without an Exhibitor Pass.
- Exhibitors will be required to be open for business during the public access times of 9 am til 5 pm on both public days of the event, and we would recommend opening for the STEM day.
- A maximum of 4 exhibitor passes will be available free of charge per site. Additional exhibitor passes can be purchased for $25 each.
- Wings Over Illawarra is an all weather event and as such, no refunds will be made due to inclement weather.