Classic vehicle registrations for Wings Over Illawarra 2020 are now open!
As in previous years we would like to offer the owners of classic vehicles the opportunity to display their vehicles at Wings Over Illawarra 2020 as part of the event. Vehicle owners wishing to be part of the display will need to register their vehicles via the form below.
As a thank you for those displaying cars or bikes, drivers/riders of participating vehicles will be issued with a complimentary entry ticket and admitted at no charge. Vehicle passengers however, will be required to either purchase a ticket online prior to the event or enter via the public access gates to purchase their ticket. All tickets will be scanned on entry, including complimentary tickets.
Any passengers travelling with you to the show will be required to purchase a ticket, and we strongly suggest pre-purchasing through the website. Not only will this speed the entry process up at the congested vehicle entry gate, but ticket prices online are considerably cheaper than gate prices.
Once your vehicle registration application has been received it will be processed, usually within a couple of days, and you will receive your complimentary ticket by return email.
Please read the following Conditions of Entry prior to registering your vehicle.
Classic Vehicle Conditions of Entry
- Complimentary vehicle owners tickets will ONLY be valid for entry at the vehicle entry gate, so unfortunately, should you decide not to attend with your vehicle you will need to purchase a general admission entry ticket in order to access the event.
- The classic vehicle display area in 2020 will be located on the grass area immediately south of the eastern end of the east – west runway and close to the main entrance gates (as shown below).
- Access to and from the event site for classic vehicles will be via gate G14 from Tongarra Road as it was in 2019, and NOT via Airport Road as in previous years. Vehicles will then be directed along the service road (marked in blue on the map) to the parking area.
- Due to increased traffic for the event, vehicles will NOT be permited to turn right across Tongarra road when entering or leaving gate G14, as such drivers must plan to arrive at the gate heading east along Tongarra road. Therefore vehicles arriving from the north will need to turn right onto the Illawarra Highway from the Princes Highway and then left onto Tongarra road from where they will be permitted to turn left into airport gate G14. Similarly vehicles arriving from the south will need to continue north past the airport on the Princes Highway and then turn left onto the Illawarra Highway and then left again onto Tongarra Road.
- For members of clubs wishing to have their vehicles parked together, it is recommended that you meet up somewhere along the route, such as Albion Park Showground, and arrive at the venue in a convoy.
- Vehicles MUST be parked in the display area and engines switched off by 8:45am.
- In the interest of public safety there will be NO vehicle movements during the the time the public access gates are open, 9:00am – 5:00pm.
- Similarly display vehicles will be required to remain on display until the conclusion of the show and public have exited the event site.
- Vehicle access gate will be open between 7:00am and 8:30am to allow access and will be locked at 8:30am and not re-opened until 5:00pm.
- Please ensure you can stay for the entire day before registering your vehicle as under no cirumstances will vehicles be permitted to move to and exit the gates between 9:00am and 5:00pm. The access path between gate G14 and the classic vehicle parking area will require vehicles to transit the air display exclusion area. Such vehicle movements will result in the air display being halted and will not be permitted under any circumstances.
- If for some reason (eg. family emergency) you do need to leave the event site between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm your vehicle must stay on site and you must make alternative arrangements.
Vehicle registration will close at at 5:00 pm on Friday 23rd October, 2020 unless space is filled prior, in which case vehicle registration will close earlier.
Please Note: To comply with insurance requirements all vehicle owners wishing to display their vehicle at Wings Over Illawarra MUST be a current member of an approved registered club and the club registered as attending with the organisers of Wings Over Illawarra. To check if your club is registered to attend, please check the drop down list on the “Which Club Are you a Member Of” field in the registration form below.
Vehicle owners can choose to attend Saturday, Sunday or both days of the event, and your complimentary ticket issued will reflect your choice selected on the form below. However as places are limited please do not indicate both days if you only intend on attending for one as someone else may miss out on the opportunity.
To register your vehicle and receive your complimentary entry ticket, please complete the Vehicle Owner Registration Form.